Small Business Cloud
The benefits of cloud computing can be even more significant for smaller companies than larger companies. The cloud offers a way to avoid the usual problems, such as deploying, building, investing, maintaining, and operating the infrastructures involved.
Cloud computing removes the barriers for small businesses trying to take advantage of new technologies. With low entry costs, automatic updates, predictable expenses, minimal IT burden, and scalable functionality, cloud helps level the playing field so they can focus on what technology can do for them, rather than focus on how to purchase technology.
- High cost of technology -Technology can be expensive, and keeping up with the larger players can become increasingly difficult.
- Lack of IT skill set/human resource constraints Small businesses -typically cannot afford to hire and retain a full IT staff, making it difficult to adequately manage and maintain premises-based technology.
- Rapid rate of change -Technology is changing rapidly, and without internal technical expertise and large IT budgets, small businesses are at a disadvantage when it comes to deploying the latest technology.
- Scaling as company grows -Small, growing businesses need technology that scales with them, providing the additional storage and computing power they need-when they need it.
- Keeping systems up and running -IT availability is vital for small businesses, where just a small amount of downtime can jeopardize profitability.
- Backup and disaster recovery -Small businesses need secure, reliable, and cost-effective disaster recovery and business-continuity protection.